This and That as I clean out my Clutter

Thinking of all the things I need to do before my death.  I probably need to de-clutter which is going to take some time.  There are so many ideas and dreams and things I don't want lost.  Some recipes handed down and what not.  Some ideas I never got around to doing, etc.

I think of when we measured the height as we grew but the houses are no longer there.  The little handprints I have kept, all the little report cards, and papers I can't seem to let go of. One of the best ideas would be a hand print wall cover and autographed by the persons for memories.

Tokens of forever-jewelry passed from generation to generation. They carry the sense of eternal.

Another thing for my blog to carry on as my son should happen across it. Please visit the Holocaust Museum in Houston, Texas.

The mission of the Holocaust Museum in Huston is to promote awareness of the dangers of prejudice, hatred and violence against the backdrop of the Holocaust, which claimed the lives of millions of Jews and other innocent victims.  By fostering Holocaust Remembrance, understanding and education, the Museum will educate students as well as the general population about the uniqueness of the event and its ongoing lesson: that humankind must learn to live together in peace and harmony. I recommend a short book, called"The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".  Anybody of any age can read this book and come out with a special feel about the whole thing.

Live and Learn.-George Dawson spent his youth working on farms, only learning to read when he was 98.  At 102, he wrote a memoir, it's title: "Life Is So Good."

These are all random things put together on one page because I do not have the time at 62 to organize in neat little folders the things I want to have for when I am no longer part of this world for my sons and if they do not have children to please leave it in the hands of someone who will give a damn.

Gift Wrapping
When you have an odd shape and bulky gift, use two cleverly disguised lawn size trash bags. Wrap fragile items in tissue paper first, then cover with one bag and slip the second bag over top.  Tape bags together, hiding seam with a wide ribbon.  Decorate package with pieces of double sided tape you dip in glitter. A great way to give a guitar. large stuff animal or a quilt.

An item with two many edges: make a big flat box for a weathervane--or mirror, iron trivet, ornate picture frame or antique platter. Cut two pieces of heavy cardboard or posterboard the width and length of largest part of gift. Place present on one piece of cardboard and cover with other piece.  Tape sides securely; cover with wrapping paper and fly like a kite ribbon.

Big clumsy-too pretty to cover up gifts- like a birdcage. vase, large clock, globe etc. Take a big square piece of tulle, placed the cage in the center at the top, Next, we tie the top with florist's wire. cut off any excess material and cover wire with an attractive wire ribbon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCLUTTERING YOUR LIFE, IS THAT LIKE UNCLUTTERING MY FEELINGS?