I Love Bleach but I Will Try Some of these Items

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

GREEN, GREEN, GREEN

Keeping My Home Energy Efficient and Toxic Free

Be a part of the solution. Help save our lives on this planet.
Where possible, choose an electricity utility company that uses renewable energy sources instead of dirty fossil fuels.
Make your next car one that gets at least 32 miles per gallon.
Replace worn out home appliances with energy efficient ones.
Make small home improvements: use energy-efficient lights, weatherproof your house, plant native shade trees, clean vents and radiators, install low-flow showerheads.
Whenever possible, walk, bike, carpool, or use mass transit.
Adjust your thermostt by turning it down 3 degrees in winter.
Recycle aluminum cans, glass bottles, plastic, cardboard, paper, and newspaper.
Keep your car in shape with regular tune-ups, oil changes, and proper tire inflation.
Buy products that are made locally-cargo ships, airplanes, and trucks burn lots of fossil fuels to transport goods.
Wash laundry in cold or warm water instead of hot.

Some of these I already do, some are feasible and then others we have no choice due to the demographics.

Keeping My Life Toxic Free

First remove the toxic people! LOL
Okay! I just had to detour a bit.
Buy organic cotton clothing, fruits and vegetables, and other goods.
Stop using pesticides. Green up your yard using natural methods.
Grow plants that are native to the region where you live.
Use traps and biological controls such as natural predators.
Use disease- and pest-resistant plants in your garden, and insect-repelling plants such as basil, chives, mint, marigolds and chrysanthemums.
Use compost and mulch to improve soil health and reduce the need for pesticides and fertilizers.

Use environmentally friendly products in your home.
Reduce the use of chlorine bleach.  BUT I LOVE BLEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It smells so fresh to me.
Use simple and inexpensive cleansers such as soap, vinegar, lemon juice, and borax.
Avoid air fresheners and perfumed products. Freshen your house by opening the windows, using baking soda, cedar blocks, or dried flowers.
Reduce use of plastic containers and food wrappings.
Store food in glass containers.
Do not microwave food in plastic.
Urge your schools and communities to use non-toxic cleaning products and to stop using pesticides.

ALL PURPOSE CLEANSER
Choose one and add to 1 gallon of water.
3 tsp. of liquid sap or,
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. lemon juice, or
1/4 c. borax

STAIN REMOVER
Soak fabrics in 1 gallon of water with one of the following:
1 c. white vinegar, or
1 c. lemon juice, or
1 c. borax

CONTROLLING COCKROACHES AND ANTS

Combine equal parts powdered sugar and borax. Sprinkle where they crawl.

WINDOW CLEANER
Fill your own spray bottle with:
1/2 c. white vinegar to 1 gallon warm water.

After writing all of this, I wondered if I was that stupid or if this was a Borax commercial.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCLUTTERING YOUR LIFE, IS THAT LIKE UNCLUTTERING MY FEELINGS?

This and That as I clean out my Clutter