Hands Around the World

I AM THROWING OUT CLUTTER BUT NOT BEFORE I GO THRU EACH PIECE OF PAPER
I FOUND THIS BOOK FOR A DAY BY DAY
HANDS AROUND THE WORLD

On June 18th in Korea-Korean girls look forward to Tano (TAN-noh), a festival which traditional swinging contests are held for girls.

The girls compete for prizes while standing on swings hung from tall trees.  It is thought that this type of swinging goes back to the days when girls were not allowed outside the confines of walled settlements.  Standing on the swings, the girls were able to catch a glimpse of the world beyond their homes.

Do you have a tall tree with sturdy branches, you can hang a rope swing from? Have your parents help you hang it and test it for strength.  While you're swinging, you can think of these words from an ancient Korean poem that describes, what it feels like when you're in the air.

Not in heaven, not on earth,
But you are in mid-sky.

Blue hills and green waters

Seem to swing to and fro,

You come as falling flowers;

You go as skimming swallows.

I found this in a book I have had for 20 years or so, to teach my son things about other kids around the world while he was growing up. It may not appeal to many, but I am kind of like that and I have to de-clutter before I die or all my tidbits will be thrown away. I have the machine and the paper to laminate documents and photos and tidbits here and there but I have yet to put any of my stuff inside or make the first one to see how well I can do without messing up what I am trying to protect.
πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCLUTTERING YOUR LIFE, IS THAT LIKE UNCLUTTERING MY FEELINGS?

This and That as I clean out my Clutter