EXERCISE ALL DAY LONG IN THE EVERY DAY LIFE
πͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπͺπππππππππ⛹⛹⛹π²π²π΄π΅πΆπͺπͺπͺ
Do a Kegel while you crunch. When you have to lower and lift, contract your pelvic-floor muscles.
Close your eyes on the ball. "doing abdominal moves on a stability ball with your eyes closed is extra challenging, because you don't have a focal point, your body senses that it is an unstable environment and your core muscles have to work harder to stay balanced.
Target your belly during strength-training breaks. Keep the abdomen going between the breaks, keep scrunching.
Bump up the resistance. Use different objects in your hands for greater resistance wherever you are with whatever you have to use.
SLO-MO your moves. Take four counts to lift and two counts to lower. This way you spend the most time in the most beneficial movement.
Lunge day and night. First thing in the morning (after your 15 minutes to yourself, I wrote about a few days ago) and the last thing at night, do five rear lunges and then do five squats. Over time you will notice a difference in the rear mirror.
Tighten your tush while you wait. Standing in line, sitting in a car, waiting in the doctor's office, squeezing and releasing your gluteal muscles for one minute and when you finish, draw your navel toward your spine for 30 seconds to work the deep abdominal muscles.
Give your triceps an extra boost. Work those overhead triceps extensions, squeeze your elbows in toward your head.
Tone during commercials. Exercise of your choice during commercials.
Work up your calves on the steps. Doing step ups, and heels down while you talk or stand on stairs anywhere.
Do office push-ups. Either against your desk or file cabinet after you have finished with your filing.
Challenge your balance. Stand on a board and challenge your balance, board on the ground, we don't want broken ankles.
Squeeze a stress ball. For your hand grips. Squeeze a bigger ball between your knees.
If you use weights, put on some pounds. Also wear ankle weights and wrists weights.
Add squat thrusts to your routine. Squat down with palms on floor, hop both feet behind you so that legs are extended in push up position, jump knees back underneath you and stand-or jump up.
Take your daily dose of Vitamin E. My daddy always took Vitamin E and at 84 he is still working on his drag-line out in the environments.
Pump up your plank.
Stand on one leg during upper body exercises.
Sculpt your upper back with "wall angels."
Exercise at your desk
Think yourself stronger. I couldn't pick up a 50 lb. bag of dog food at the store, I knew I would never get it in the house when I got home. At 62, it was just too much. I had help at the store. Determined, I lifted that dog food over my shoulder and carried it up the steps into the house. I am not recommending anybody to do this because if I had lost my balance it would have been a terrible fall, but I decided to tell myself I could do it and I did it.
Time your workouts.
Strengthen your neck. Now this will help in many ways. Place the palm of your hand on your forehead and press your head against it. Repeat with the right and left sides of your head. The drop your chin, put both palms against the back of your head and lift up against your hands. (Doing this not only will strengthen your neck muscles which can prevent injuries and enhance posture, but it may also alleviate stress-related headaches.
Sculpt while you chat. While you are talking on the phone you can do simple exercises of your choice.
Limber up at the sink. When you brush your teeth bend as straight as you can to pull those muscles without hunching your back over to rinse, You can do this with both legs or one at a time.
Get down on all fours. Do the dog up and the dog down. At home.
Stretch the opposite muscle of the muscle you are working on, so there will be more resistance for the muscle you are working with at the time.
Open your chest. Stand with your feet apart, put your hands behind your back in a prayer postiion, flip your fingers point up, keeping your shoulders back and down and elbows to the side, slide up your hands as far as you can. Opens your chest to create more room for your lungs and keeps your chest from getting to tight during the day and promotes good posture. I know with COPD this helps my lungs to and my chest to feel better.
If you are a beginning walker, don't overdo it, if you are a beginning runner,try skipping for 60 seconds first.
Leap in a zig zag trail for fun.
Do one minute speed intervals.
Step up on the escalator when you are riding on one like you see the kids do.
Tone in the pool. Exercise in the pool is very recommended for the elderly because of the smoothness of working out through the water resistance is smooth.
Pace while you walk. Walk back and forth while you are on the phone,
Jump to a high heart rate. Just jump.
Change your riding position when cycling. The smoother your rhythm at any resistance, the more calories you will burn.
Power up your stair climbs. Gradually increase your stair climbing time.
Rubbing your temples is relaxing, because people tend to frown when they are stressed.
Take long, deep breaths, relax your muscles.
Remember if you lose no pound this week, you are still improving your muscles and your health, and the pounds will come off with the exercise, diet and and life balanced out for your rewards to happiness with yourself.
Just take one day at a time, they tell me and people that say they take one day a time, I do not understand, because if I took one day at a time, I would get nothing done.
These things I post that are not personal or about me, or school, are just things I want to keep written down somewhere and not have paper all over the place. I have to de-clutter my life. I wrote about de-cluttering a few days back but it has been a very slow process. Because I have to go through everything, every piece of paper and I have found beautiful drawings, and schoolwork that my son did and some of it, especially the ones that ask his opinion on things at that time in his life, I have to keep, I guess I will laminate them and put it in a scrapbook. I am working on de-cluttering one paper at a time.
So I have been taking up a lot of times by coming here to save things I can't let go of. At least not yet.
πΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπΆπππππππ
.
Comments
Post a Comment