The Book-"Stitches" David and Me

     Once I picked up the book Stitches, I could not put it down until I finished it.  I was not physically abused, I do know about the silence.  I also can relate to David about feeling unloved and lost.  My dad was a quiet man and the only time you really heard him talk at any length was when something was wrong.  My mother, on the other hand, always talked but it was always what you would call griping.
     I was once put in the hospital hemorrhaging and stayed for eight days.  I woke up to find my dad sitting there, knowing he had to leave like 4am to go to work and I thought to myself, I am not getting out of this.  My mother had my boys.  So I could feel that, because after I got out of the hospital sometime later my parents told me they didn't expect me to make it.  I can relate in so many ways to this David Small.  He went through all these escapes he enjoyed as I went to my escapes of music, poetry, and staying in my room.  Again, we also became adults, both of us with different ailments, but he has been a success with his writing and I am trying to finish college at my age of 57 even with my disabilities.  Even with the odds against both the writer, David Small and myself, we have gone through many tunnels and come out as better adults striving to be the best we can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCLUTTERING YOUR LIFE, IS THAT LIKE UNCLUTTERING MY FEELINGS?

This and That as I clean out my Clutter