The Life of my Chihuahua

She gave us as many years as she possibly could.  She has passed now on December 7, 2016.  She had large tumors on her hip bone and down one of her legs and it was cutting off blood flow.  I kept her fed and dry.  The doctor said that would be her quality of life. I could not play God.  I was standing at the end of the table and for once, the visit to the doctor, she was not shaking like chihuahuas always do, she just laid there.  But she raised her head up and looked back at me as if to say, let me go.  She was 13 years old.  She never complained if she had any pain.  She was always ready for hugs and love.  She ruled the home, she was the boss of a catahoula cur dog, a Labrador, and a almost 40lb. cat.  She ran the house.
The best thing that came out of this was she got to be buried right beside "Russell" my cousin's real old dachshund that has stayed alive for 17 years for her.  So my old baby, "Nickie" is buried under the window at Auntie's house in the garden beside Russell.  In a beautiful wooden box that my cousin, Pat. provided for her funeral.  May they both rest in Heaven where all dogs go!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCLUTTERING YOUR LIFE, IS THAT LIKE UNCLUTTERING MY FEELINGS?

This and That as I clean out my Clutter