The Blog for My Research Paper on City Dark


 
 
       My subject for my paper is about the night sky, how it use to be and how it is now.  The purpose of my writing will not only tell you about the difference, but what is causing the difference through facts, the senses and the way people live today.  I intend to prove without a doubt, that humans will destroy what God has given them and some will not even realize it until it is too later.  We have already lost much of what we should see of the sky because of light pollution, but we have also lost our souls to technology.  I am not speaking for the technology that helps us see the sky, but all the technology that has people running at too fast a pace to even think about the universe or the beauty it beholds.
      I will be addressing this topic by following the rules an facts to present my argument with reason from the sources I will provide for my paper.  I will also persuade you with emotion from earlier times and I trust that I will touch your heart.  I have done exceedingly amount of time researching to be able to present my paper as a factual based studdy of the changes of the night sky based on the movie we watched in class, "City Dark".  I will use quotes from people that were involved with the movie itself.  There will be much credibility as I persuade you through my views, the people of the movies, my research and personal events.  Morally, I cannot make the world do as I say, but there is enough information out there, that it could be brought to light to so many more people if you have the time and take the effort to fight for your cause.  This is to make people aware of what they are losing before it is totally gone, because they forgot what it was like.  Possibly, some people have been brought up in a world of so much technology to play with in the house, their children do the same and that is when the sky is lost to them and to their souls.
      I hope to argue at the right time and be able to flow to stress the overwhelming problem that has to be solved.  I intend to incorporate parts of the film we watched in class: The City Dark.  I have specific quotes I want to  bringing at the right time and specific people that were quoted or interviewed during the film.  I have my specific ones in mind but I choose not to share this on my blog.  I want my paper, even though it is a research paper to be as original as possible.  The people from the movie that were interviewed or were quoted caught me off guard.  They made me think about myself and what we were losing, and were did it go.  How can we bring it back?  There seems to be enough research, and researchers working on this topic, that some cities have already incorporated some ideas to make it better.  I have found most of my research from the Lee College database, and the movie itself, and I think there may be one from the internet. I
am not going with my original research.  I had to have more time  to be original and take time to actually get my theories and ideas together on a more professional level.  I want to take some quotes from Ian Cheney, the director of the film, but I also want to elaborate on the film and the way he looked at the lights and the sky in so many different ways.
      I know of three major people that talked about the film, that really touched me but in different ways.  I will find the right place to incorporate that along with the earlier times in life around my grandpa's time to Galileo.  I have incorporated in my blog several of today's lighting and Galileo's also.  I have discussed my research papers as much as I am going to because it is very important to me to be original and I will work with my group by e-mailing them with anything that may help them or anything they can tell me that can help me.  I had plenty of research on the Cherokee traditions and myths but it would take much more than a research paper to express everything I would want to let people know about them, so I took Galileo, as the astronomer, an the changing world, the light pollution, the night sky, and what we are losing here.  This way I can blend it all hopefully in a form that will be suitable as I am not a very structured writer.  I am more a emotional writer, more comfortable in a situation where I can write about the subject even if it is a research paper, in the MLA format, but a more flexible manner.
      I want to be able to let people know technology is wonderful but we need to learn how to make it earth friendly.  That is a big commandment and everybody woul have to be on the same page so it probably won't happen that way.  The more aware more people become , the large corporations and the politicians maybe it will get somewhat better.  There has been much research and alternative methods.  This world, the people need to slow down.  I would love to be at the pace by grandpa was, life might have not had all this technology but he saw the evening sun set as he and his dogs would rest under the big old oak tree that was bent over from lightening.  He always appreciated a good crop, a good scenery, clean water, and a good fishing hole.  There will be parts of my research paper that will incorporate earlier times such as that, and as far back as Galileo and his telescope with all that he could see.  I would encourage you to keep a journal and write what you see.  It has been changing so subtley over the years, it oesn't even feel like we have seasons anymore.  The sun becomes stronger and the night sky becomes weaker.  While watching the night sky it only takes a few lights to ruin your night vision. 
      I have seen more animals laying in the middle of the road between Mont Belvieu and Dayton, there's not much lighting out there, with the big pastures, but most of them are laying in the middle of the road.  Same thing is happening on 1960, if it is not dogs, or cats who are suppose to have good night vision, there has been multitudes of possums and skunks.  The most I have counted have been coyotes.  Why are they all heading for the road in the middle of nowhere? The trees are coming down all the way to Cleveland on highway 321 from Dayton for more development.  My son likes to go to Livingston on 105 to 146 to get me to to the doctor because it is more undisturbed.  Our younger generation has been noticing more  than we think.  My son an I went to Pleasure Island.  I took pictures of the water spraying over the embankment.  He turned around and looked at the trash against the the tall marsh grass and made a statement about humans ruining their own universe.  I then took a picture of that.
      I do want to share a poetic vision I found in my research.  There were so many centuries astonomers proposed all kinds of theories oabout the night sky.  Only one person, Edgar Allan Poe, such a crazy poet, dark and great at the same time. Poe's explanation of the darkness at night, the reason why the sky is not covered with stars, is tht the lookout limit (the invisible background) is too far away for light to have yet reached us.  The lookback limit is greater than the time the stars have been shining.  Of course, if you don't like Edgar Allen Poe, you may feel ifferent, but a write by the name of Eward Harrison was astounded and he was amazed at the talent a poet had among all the astronomers looking for the keys or the answers for the infinite array of our night sky.
     I do realize that my blog is probably not of good structure but I have tried to answer all the questions put before me as to how I will convince you with facts, and emotion, morally and ethically researched papers.  I have changed all my research to a better database and I thoroughly hope to ensure that I cover my material as meticulously as I can.
  


 
 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCLUTTERING YOUR LIFE, IS THAT LIKE UNCLUTTERING MY FEELINGS?

This and That as I clean out my Clutter