My Forgotten Blog
Wow! It has been so long since I have been here. So much time has past. There is so much to say or maybe not say. Life is full of twists and curves. It just gets harder. I did finish my year at UHCL and came back to Lee College to finish the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program, so school will be out after tomorrow. To be certified, I have 300 hours of practicum to do, I hope to get to go to the prison to do.
I also have 2,500 hours to do an internship somewhere, hopefully, I will get to stay at the prison and internship is paid. So that will be the actual turning point of my life. If I am able to get through this or am I too disabled to stay in one place or keep a job. Will I fall apart? It is a big question. Anyway, I have to take the major test for the Licensed LCDC of Texas. I will take the State exam and I will be able to practice as a state licensed substance abuse and alcohol counselor. So finishing the practicum gives me my certification and finishing the test and the internship will give me my Associate Degree again from Lee College, just a different study. The last one was Social Work but when Mama and Mr. Bobby went out I changed it to Social Science Degree because I wanted nothing to do with hospice. I had tunnel vision at the time. So I should have left it alone but of course, I didn't.
Fighting depression, bi-polar symptoms, borderline personality disorder and PTSD, I think I have done quite well. So while doing my practicum I will be taking and finishing my senior year at UHCL online classes majoring in Psychology. Then my psychologist told me to go ahead and finish my Bachelor Degree since I already have half of it behind me. Then get my Masters in Social Work. That will open my horizons more. I am 61 years old, hopefully, I will have time to open many horizons.
Today is May 10, 2016
My son, Brian still riding, and one of Brian's beautiful snakes. 

Comments
Post a Comment